Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Monday, April 6, 2015

What They Wore-General Conference

Before I had kids, I always pictured myself watching the Sunday Sessions of General Conference at church.  My children wearing their Sunday best quietly coloring or taking notes of Conference.  Ha!  The reality is I am so glad to stay home and watch Conference from my couch.  I would no sooner dream of watching General Conference at church with my children than I would volunteer for a tooth extraction.  

Everyone here wears their comfy clothes and they also drag their pillows to the family room making little nests for themselves.  They play Conference bingo so they can get candy to eat.  There are the various squabbles and disagreements that you can expect when you spend fours hours a day cooped up together in a small room.  Hopefully the candy and snacks will help them have fond memories of the time we spend together sitting at the prophets feet hearing words of truth and encouragement.  Post Conference I feel a bit like after you eat at a really tasty all you can eat buffet-so good but so full.  I need time to disgest Conference.  It was really good though and I am looking forward to reading the talks.  

McCoy, Archer, Declan holding Zany and Quinton

1 comment: