Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Nail Polish Cupboard

 Having collected far to many nail polishes I really needed a cupboard to store them.  One day when I was driving to the grocery store I noticed a pile of cupboard doors on the side of the road abandoned.  I didn't think twice I quickly crammed them all in my car since the price was really right-FREE.  Once I had the doors I started looking for places I could use them.  There was a small space right outside the bathroom that I thought would be ideal.  It was only about four inches deep but four inches is just right for nail polish.  I had Eddy build the frame using the found cupboard doors.  I had some vintage wrapping paper to use for wallpaper on the back of the shelves.  I just painted wallpaper paste ($5 bucks at home depot for a tub of it) then put the paper on smoothing it out then I painted a layer of wallpaper paste over the top of it. 

Here I am painting on the wrapping paper-looks fun 

These are all the wrapping papers before the cupboard goes in

Cupboard installed

Look at all that storage

Room for Medicine and Perfume

Lovely Nail Polishes in their new digs


I have even more doors just looking for a home.  I am keeping a lookout for any other tiny space to accommodate a wee cupboard.

Cost of project:  FREE 

No comments:

Post a Comment