Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Horsin' Around

Near our house a new multi-use path that goes for about 2 and a half miles.  It is perfect for walking, biking, or scootering.   The path is smooth and wide but Zany doesn't like it for those reasons she likes it because the path runs right by a small herd of horses.  Her favorite thing to do these days is go for a bike ride on Eddy's bike taking along a carrot or two just in case the horses are close enough to the path to give them a little treat.  We have been going through the carrots quite quickly.  Eddy is much braver than I and will pet them.  

When I was a kid I wanted a horse with all of my heart.  I would draw pictures of them and read books about them.  One year during high school a friend invited me to her family ranch for a week to ride horses. It was amazing.  That was probably the last time I rode a horse.  I am not comfortable enough with horses to want to feed them a carrot. In the back of mind, I remember a girl in high school who had her lip bit off by a horse when she was feeding the horse a carrot by holding it in her mouth.  I figure if they can bit off a lip whynot a finger.   I prefer to just look and admire them nowadays.  Eddy, who is a friend to all, has add equine to his list of buddies.

Oh, horsey!

Here is a yummy carrot!

Zany and Archer with two horses and Mt. Graham in the background

Don't worry no humans were harmed in the act of feeding a horse a carrot.  I can't watch said feeding my momma nerves would get the best of me.

Another lovely weekend is upon us.  I have been putting off deep cleaning the kids bedrooms.  They have gone from bad to worse to horrifically messy.  I have to told myself that this weekend I will face my doom squarely and at least clean up one of them maybe two.  Eddy and I are planning on going on a date and possibly doing a project I have desperately wanted done for three years.  I found the perfect piece of furniture to make a backpack cupboard so my kids backpacks are out of sight instead of hung on the wall. We will probably fit in some horsin around though,  I hope your weekend includes some too!

No comments:

Post a Comment