Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Fleece Monogrammed Towels

About three years ago, I bought everyone in my family new towels; everyone had a different color towel.  I meant to monogram them but time got away from me and I never did.  We recently all got new towels again and since all the towels are the same color I had to monogram them.  Otherwise "not me" would be leaving their towel all over the house and I would never know who to really nag to go hang up their towel.  Since all seven of us share one bathroom the only way to make that work with towels is to use towel hooks.  Towels dry much better hanging on a hook than a rod and you can fit so many more.  

The process:  I found a font that had the least amount of curves possible and the letter Q looked good, sometimes the letter Q can look weird.  I printed out the letters and cut them out, then I pinned them to the fleece and cut that out.  I then pinned the fleece letter to the towel.  After experimenting a bit the best way to attach it was to simply satin stitch around the outer edges of the letter.   It took about an hour and half to do all seven towels.   I have washed them several times on hot and they have held up really well.  The fleece is nice and soft, too, if you dry off with that part of the towel.

Fleece monogrammed towel

A whole families worth of towels

This was so easy and fast I don't know why I waited so long to do it.  What else should I monogram next?  I just love the accountability it creates. 
 "Not me" can't get away with leaving the towel out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment