Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Friday, April 24, 2015

Small town excitement

On my way biking to the Library for work,  I was about to get into the road when I heard some terrible noisies. It sounded like grinding gears.  I turned towards it and what did I see? Why a giant tractor, pulling a dangerous looking thing. As I watched I saw the passenger side back tire jiggle its way down the axle and into our neighbors fence.  Both the little dogs who live there and the driver looked surprised and shocked. Luckily no one was hurt, just the fence a bit. (the dogs could still not escape).  The man had forgotten his phone and He used our store one.  Off to work I went.   Once I got back the road was closed as men and tractors gathered to fix the problem. I took these with my kindle so forgive them, as it doesn't have a rear facing camera, a lot of blind taking occured.
The wheeless tractor, now propped up with blocks. In the right hand you can see the attachment being carted off. 

Lots of men turned out as is their way.  The far back tractor was trying to get the wheel up off the road. 

Blocking both lanes of traffic now. 
A fouth truck turned up, though this one has a winch, on the right. The wheel is back on the ground as they discussed welding options.


It took them until the next day to get it fixed, off the road at that point.  Most exciting thing I've seen all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment