Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Arizona Spring Birds

One of my current goals is to learn the Names of Things.  Recently, I attended a bird watching workshop, and I  am working on being able to name the birds that live in this area. On that 1 hour walk we saw over 35 different birds.   My camera doesn't have the greatest zoom, but here are some of the birds that I have seen recently. I am still learning, so don't bet the house on whether these are 100% correct.  There are a lot more, but I have yet to get photos of them. 

Here is either the Gila or Ladderback woodpecker (both of the males have red caps). 


Here he is doing what he does best: pecking wood.

Wait, I thought the cranes had moved on for the season?

They have, but the White faced Ibis is here! Another wading bird. 

Male Cardinal

Chubby American Robin

A pair of house finches

Gambel's quail. I can't wait until the train of little quails appear. Though sometimes its sad as everytime you see it it gets smaller. In this covey around the store so far I have seen 4 at once. 

Vermillion Flycatcher, again. 

Lookie who popped up? A greater roadrunner.

Doing what they do best: running on the road.


1 comment:

  1. I love watching birds too. At January's house the birds sing the very sweetest and loudest. So fun!

    ReplyDelete