Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

American Girl Doll Fans

When I was in high school, I can clearly remember my sister Ashlee and her best friend Camilee companionably pouring through the American Girl Catalog.  This was back in the Golden Age of American Girl in the 1990's when it was Pleasant Company.  They both desperately wanted an AG doll but the problem was neither set of parents was supportive of it as they were wildly expensive.  Well Ashlee and her friend both scrimped and saved and finally when they were 13-14 years old they each had enough money to buy a doll.  Ashlee bought Felicity and Camilee bought Samantha.
Despite their advanced age they both loved their dolls and they continued to pour over the AG catalog together (if you have a AG catalog from the 1990's it is worth some money!).

Fast forward some twenty years and Ashlee has embraced her love for all things AG.  She is a collector and now has lots of dolls, five of them all historical (Felicity, Addy, Caroline, Samantha, Rebecca, Kristen).  Ashlee only likes the historical ones.  She did inherit some from a neighbor and she was kind enough to give me a Felicity.   I was never into AG as a kid I was too old by the time Ashlee got into it but Ashlee has encouraged my adult interest.  When AG had sale on dolls for $65.00 with a bonus pajama outfit for those early birds who ordered early Ashlee asked if I wanted to get one I said, "Yes, Kit please."  I love the fabrics from the 1930's and the dresses are so cute so it was an easy choice for me.

Ashlee ordered Caroline and I got Kit.   We took our new dolls over to Grandma Parke's house to show them off to her and Aunt Rebecca.  They too are AG doll people.  Grandma Parke owns Addy, Molly and Emily (Molly's friend) while Aunt Rebecca recently got Rebecca.

Ashlee (far left), Aunt Rebecca, and Grandma Parke holding Caroline

Grandma holding Kit while Aunt Rebecca admires some clothes

With American Girl dolls you are never to old to start collecting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment