Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Project: Geometric Board & Batten Hallway

 Eddy often threatens to remove my Pinterest app from my kindle so I can't find more ideas for more projects.  With or without Pinterest I will come up with projects though.  Admittedly, this idea for the geometric board and batten did come from Pinterest.  There are very few places in this house with blank walls appropriate for a board batten like project.  I thought about it for sometime and then I realized while I like board and batten I didn't want to devote most of a wall to it so I thought the perfect place was the lower half of my picture wall.  I showed Eddy my plan and he agreed to do it during spring break. 

We are terrible about taking pictures of the process.  We usually start a project then remember we should take a "before" picture but it is too late.  We may hit a couple of other "during" photos but mostly we don't and then the project is done.   We used pine boards ($4.00 each) for the top and bottom pieces and pine casing  (98 cents a foot) for the rest of it.  Wood came in at fifty dollars and then we spent ten more dollars on wood filler and chaulk.  There was a lot of wood filler used and lots of sanding which covered nearby surfaces with a fine white dust.  Three coats of paint later with sanding and filling in between and it was finished.  During this time of projects, I have to let my housework go a bit so I can focus on getting the project done.  I do the bare minimum of cleaning and my house is a wreck but I figure after the project is done I can redeem the house.   I love doing projects despite the havoc it creates for the house.  I especially like the honeymoon time of a project.  The honeymoon time is right after you finish a project and you are so taken with it you go out of your way to admire it throughout the day.  Before long the honeymoon period is over and you grow so accustomed to it you don't even notice it anymore and your attention consumed by a new project.  

Almost before

Three squares done

Eddy measures and calculates

If you ask Declan to take photos he happily will but you are guarantee to get a few selfies

Chaulked and ready for paint

Finished

I thought this geometric pattern would suit my 1960's ranch house


Now what should my next project be? 


1 comment:

  1. That really turned out nicely. Your ideas are wonderful, and Eddy does such a professional job. Great combo!

    ReplyDelete