Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Glorious Spring Break

Spring Break is upon us!  A whole week off to do what we please.  I have been looking forward to it.  I have a long list of things I need/want to get done using the best handyman in the world Eddy.  Sometimes handy Eddy despairs that the projects will never end (shhh! they won't).  I constantly have new ideas and things I want to be built so I have more storage.  Living in a small retro ranch is fun but back in the 1960's they didn't have near the stuff that we do today.  I have found the best thing for small spaces to work is custom built ins. I have tried minimalism and it doesn't work for me. In a spurt of minimalism I got rid of my typewriter collection giving them to my dad.  I still regret it; you never see the old typewriters at thrift store and if you do they are expensive.   Sigh!

Another thing urging me forward is knowing in April I will be hosting book club at my house.  Best foot forward and all that, that entails.  The kids take advantage of my distraction and focus on other things to sneak away to play with toys or go outside to play basketball, ride bikes or jump on the trampoline when they should be cleaning.  I sort of let them get away with it.  I figure if they are outside they are not messing up the house more and I like them to be kids sometimes.  If they come inside I put them to work though. 

Look at them hard at work

Those kids should be cleaning but instead they are playing with Legos
(Sorry Ash it just sounds weird to say Lego instead of Legos)


With all the hijinks and shenanigans I have planned we will be taking the week off from blogging.  Look for us again next Monday.

May your hijinks be all you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment