Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Monday, November 17, 2014

What They Wore-PhoenixTemple Dedication Day

All the L.D.S. churches in Arizona, celebrated the dedication of the Phoenix Temple by having several sessions that we attended locally and watched the satellite feed from Phoenix.  Only those children eight years and older were able to attend so Eddy took the boys (Quinton, Declan, McCoy) to the first session (I stayed home with Archy and Zany) and then he and I went to the second session without any kids.  Just about every Sunday at least one kid tries to cough and claim they are sick and can't go to church.  Archy is the king of trying to get out of going to church so when he heard he wasn't going to church he couldn't have been happier no fake coughing needed.  Archer refused to get his picture taken and ran off and hid.  

I asked the boys what their favorite part of the dedication was and they all said they really enjoyed the Hosanna shout and there may have been some handkerchiefs hitting in faces but I am sure Eddy put a stop to that.  There also might have been some thumb wrestling during the prayer but Eddy stopped that too.  Being a teacher of third graders, Eddy is well versed in stopping naughty children.  

McCoy, Quinton holding Zany, Declan and Eddy

They did wear shoes to church but took them off as soon as they got home

One of my favorite parts of the session I attended was when the speaker said the blessings of having another temple here in Arizona was directly due to the faithfulness of the Arizona pioneers.  So many of my ancestors came to Arizona when it was a dry, barren desert and settled here enduring heat and hardship but remaining faithful through it all so that one day their descendants could enjoy the blessings of a local temple.  I am so grateful that they stayed true to the faith and raised their children in the gospel and established a tradition of stalwartness in the church of Jesus Christ that continues through the generations.  What a blessing the church has been to me throughout my life and especially now as I raise up the next generation.  My children now have the blessing of a temple (Gila Valley Temple) just a short five minute drive from home. I love that I can raise my family in the shadow of a temple that reminds me of the strength of family ties and increases the love I have for my ancestors and all that they made possible.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful blessing to have a another Temple in Arizona. I agree with you. Thanks to all those early pioneers who braved the desert and the heat and established a wonderful heritage for us.

    ReplyDelete