Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Mustache, Mohawk, and Violet Spikes

When I was in high school, homecoming week would have daily dress up themes and each class (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) would compete with the other classes to see who could have the most kids dressed up.  Nowadays, it is red ribbon week in which the kids dress up to celebrate say no to drugs and drug awareness. Most of their dress up days are pretty ho-hum, like wear red because I love myself, as a opposed to dress like your favorite villain, which they have never done but I think would be fun.  Two of my favorite days this week were mustache day and crazy hair day.

Declan is a planner.  He is the kind of kid who likes to always wear a watch (see below) and wakes himself up every morning with his own alarm clock (he has been doing this for years while his bigger brother has to be literally drug out of bed and woken up several times by a parent).  Several days in advance of the actual mustache day, Declan wanted to have several conversations about what kind of mustache he would sport.  The night before Declan wanted me to draw ten different mustache styles so he could pick which one he wanted.  Luckily for Dec, my dad (Pa) has had many different kinds of facial hair over the years and so I was easily able to come up with ten different mustaches.  Declan chose the Pa as we labeled this mustache.  I always like drawing mustaches on kids even before mustaches were all the rage. It gives you a glimpse of what they will look like when they are men.

Pastache


Declan with Pastache

Archy was always my dark baby.  He was born with black hair that never lightened like his brothers hair did. I wasn't sure how his black hair would take to color but the purple showed up quite well.

Archer in kindergarten

Archer sporting violet spikes 
and his uneaten breakfast that was destined 
to be dropped in the road on the way to the bus

McCoy hair is much lighter so I decided blue was the color for him and since his hair is usually considered crazy we stuck with his daily Mohawk.

McCoy front view

McCoy's blue mohawk side view

Luckily, I picked up some half price halloween hair spray so I will be prepared for next year's red ribbon week but let's hope they do something really crazy like dress as your favorite villain day!



No comments:

Post a Comment