Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Zaynzley's First Needlepoint

I had, had a great idea to take all the kids to the craft store and pick out a simple kit for them to do.  Creativity and crafting has so many good benefits, and I felt like we spend so much time and effort on various sports that maybe this craft project would help balance things out.  All the kids (except Quinton who was with the team) each picked a kid-friendly craft kit out.  It wasn't to long after we started the kits that I realized I had in reality bought myself 4 kits to accomplish.  All of them need such help it was really like I was doing them.  Zaynzley was the most interested in doing her kit which was a simple needlepoint and so we worked on off for the last year or so. Eddy also pitched in and would help from time to time. Today we finally finished it! We of course lost the instructions so I just filled in the face as best I could remember.  So it isn't perfect but in crafting that is not the win--the win is in finishing something!  Zaynzley is pretty happy about it now that we can finally hang it in her room.


Zaynzley and her kitty 
(FYI thats a kitty)

Eddy has been press-ganged into crafting and he is delighted to be helping!
Eddy working on Archer's needlepoint


Now I have just 3 more projects to go for the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment