Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Mantra #1

Every mom needs a few mantras (Alexa defines a mantra as oft repeated phrases) that she trouts out when the occasion warrants it. My own mom has lots of mantras she likes to tell my sister and dad, mainly about being happy (Choose to be happy) and contented with your lot in life (Happiness is wanting what you have, not wanting what you don't have).  My mantras tend toward the I told you so vein or life advice as I like to call it.

Quinton has grown his hair out long enough that it is a problem for football.  He needs to tame that mop and so he wears a headband to hold his hair out of his eyes.   Well he misplaced his headband and couldn't find it anywhere. He would storm about looking for it shouting accusations at everyone, "How we shouldn't touch his stuff!" and "Why do you have to move my stuff around!" Of course it was everyone's fault but his own that he didn't have his headband.

Quinton's mop of hair


Mantra #1: Clean until you find it!

Whenever someone loses something I love to share Mantra #1! If you clean you will find it, is a universal truth or should be.  Quinton refused to follow my mantra #1. Two days went by with his mop of hair in his eyes at football practice.  Today as I was cleaning what should I find? His missing headband.  I put his headband on a statue, took a picture and texted him.

"I cleaned"



2 comments:

  1. Smart mama. Quinton would be wise to listen to hi mom! We know best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true!! They would do well to listen to our wisdom!

    ReplyDelete