Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

My Vintage Sewing Room

 I wanted a sewing room for some time but there wasn't any spare room in the house for one.  I decided to use my tiny laundry room which is just 6 feet by 10 feet. I stacked my washer and dryer to give as much room as possible for my sewing room.  I love all things vintage sewing related and it was a easy decision to go with that as my decorating theme.  I also wanted lots of bold color for this tiny room.  It had to also function as a laundry room and give me room to fold laundry.

I framed a bunch of vintage patterns and embroidery patterns and put them in brightly spray painted frames.  A vintage printers drawer holds all colors of threads.  A spice rack with glass vials hold my sequins.




I collected a bunch of jars and spray painted the glass lids for a pop of color. 
They hold some of my vintage buttons.


I was able to hang my thread rack from the ceiling along side my dryer



My sewing desk 

One of my many vintage sewing machines

Vintage planters hold my sewing scissors

My vintage singer red-eye sewing machine

Now that I have it all decorated, I just need to find some time to actually sew!

1 comment:

  1. I simply LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT. How darling is it!!!! Great job Rhiannon. You really maximized your space. I think it is WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete