Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Monday, September 26, 2016

Slipper Confessional


 

I like slippers, a lot. I have realized I like to buy a new pair every fall. In the past few years I wouldn't realize that is what I did. It seemed so silly to buy a new pair when the old pair was still serviceable.  I decided that was my bit of luxury a new pair every fall. This year I got rid of a few pairs to make room for that new pair of specially selected slippers. I bought them and then waited until a lovely cool day to wear them. That day was today, cloudy, rainy and so refreshingly cool. 

 I think my love of slippers can be traced back to a scorpion. When was in high school, I had gotten back from the renaissance fair and it was about  midnight. I took off my shoes and stepped right on a scorpion. It felt like a needle that was on fire was jabbed right through my foot. It hurt, a lot. For quite a few years I was never barefoot-NEVER.  Even now over twenty years later, I dislike being barefoot especially at night!  Hence my love of slippers. This years pair has some lovely memory foam and some wool like nubby fabric and a good hard sole.  They are quite cozy and comfortable,  I feel like I am ready for anything in them even scorpions!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the new slippers each fall. So fun to slip your tootsies in a brand new pair!

    ReplyDelete