Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Thursday, June 11, 2015

rhi vs ryder

I have been busy moving, and so dusted off these pictures from a day in early may I think.  
Now that we are Zoo members we decided to take the kids in rotation to the Zoo a couple at a time. Here is the the gang, for this day that was a while ago. 
Zoo hats!!

Look closely and you can see me, Rhi, and Nona in the glass .


A preening peacock

They have this wee water park for the kiddos

Declan giving Z a bath.

My favorite animal at the zoo the Otter


Rhi holding bag aloft so Ryder can't reach it
My greatest memory was this one. Rhi had found a bag of random sewing supplies that she had to defend from this wee fellow. His name was Ryder we later found out. He really was fighting hard for it.  It was surprising and shocking.

Rhiannon Note:  This was a bag that had not only vintage sewing notions but a random key in it.  Ryder, was a stranger kid probably five or six, who saw the lone key and said he collected keys.  From that point on I was literally having to keep the bag out of his grubby hands.  He was pawing me and trying to grab it for the longest time and I kept looking around desperately for his mama to call him off.  Ryder had no sense of personal space encroachment and would hang all over me.  I wasn't about to let him get my baggie of sewing things.  He followed me all the way to the front doors of DI.  It was truly obnoxious and I couldn't believe his mother was no where to be found.  I could have easily taken him right out of the store and home with me but that was the last thing I would have wanted to do.  If he hadn't been so rude I would have given him the key.  As it was I had to do the old, "Is that your mom calling you trick?" to get him off of me.  Should of done that soon as he started pestering me!

Here Rhi says "Where's your Mama? I think I hear her calling you." Z scratches her head at the scene.
Kid in red shirt and ball cap the stranger, Ryder.

Someone may have ate the who knows how old pez that came in these from a bag of thrift store toys.  She is fine. I don't think Pez have an expiration date. 


No comments:

Post a Comment