Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

More Birds of Duncan Arizona

Well, another bird post.  Its hot (finally) it was a late start to summer this year, so my birding will probably be curtailed. But I still have a few more birds in the can so to speak. So here are a group of larger birds. 

Common Black Hawk. I always feel sorry for the birds and plants with the word Common in thier name.  He really is quite fetching, though I never can catch him when he is just hanging out. He is very quick to fly.

Here is his home. 

Remember all the fuzzy pictures of Karl? He sat very well on this day for his photo shoot. At my workshop, I believe the leader said he is a juvenille Red Tail hawk, whose hasn't yet got the easy to identify red tail yet.  Doesn't he need a pedicure?

Here is his lovely profile. 

I am still working on identifying this one, maybe a juvenille Gray hawk? 


 Our Great horned Owl. He likes to hang out up on top of the antenna during dusk, and during the day you can spy him in our pine tree. I like him, but he never seems amused. 




No comments:

Post a Comment