Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Friday, June 5, 2015

Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime . . .

McCoy Edition

McCoy the Commodore

With summer break here, the kids and I spend all day together.  I noticed that McCoy kept writing in a notebook.  I was curious as to what he was doing so I sneaked a peak and discovered an ambitious to do list.  I am a to do list person as is my sister and father.  We like to mark off finished items and sometimes need a list to organize all the to do lists.  I smiled when I saw McCoy's handwritten to do list.  As follows: Sleep in, Play video games, Eat, Play Outside, Fake Clean, Take a Nap, Go to the Pool, Eat, Watch TV, Play Outside, Baseball Game, Victory Dance, Eat, Watch TV, Play Kindle, Go to Bed. My eyes may have glittered with annoyance a bit as my smile faded when I read item number five "Fake Clean."  

McCoy is really the king of fake clean.  Up to this point I just assumed he was a really bad cleaner but now I know it is all a ruse and he purposefully fake cleans.  He always seemed such a wandering and forgetful cleaner.  He would be assigned  to clean the living room acting like he would do it and then disappear to the backyard to practice baseball.  When called back to task he would pick up an item or two and then fade away to his room to read a book.  Threatened with no lunch if he didn't get X done he would put a bit of effort into it but he still was the worst cleaner.  
Now I know it was all by DESIGN.  He is a FAKE CLEANER!

The only items not finished on his to do list:  
Go to Pool-our neighborhood pool had some plumbing problems and hasn't yet opened
Victory Dance-his baseball team as of this to do list paper had not won a game yet so no victory dance; but they won their first game last night! Let the victory dance begin.

McCoys to do list

I found item five to be my personal summer challenge, get McCoy to clean for real!   I will let you know if I can cross it off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment