Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Super Bowl and New Lights

I am blowing the dust off this here blog, and finally making a blog post.  My sister (Ashlee) kindly photographed, edited, and put the photos in a draft so all I had to do was be the wordsmith.  Still I had a hard time blogging, terrible I know. Forgiving readers indulge me and imagine it is February, or was it January and the Super Bowl had just happened

We had a simple superbowl party with Pa, Nona, Ashlee, Eddy Rhiannon, Quinton, Declan, McCoy, Archer, and Zaynzley in attendance.  Our tradition is to not tell which team you are supporting; you just appear wearing the colors of the team you have chosen.  It adds a little excitement and makes sure no one can flip flop and change their team mid game.


We also have various treats and candy that is tied to the game. Touchdowns, Coaches Challenge, Field Goal, they all had various treats.

Who is this motley crew supporting?
Bronco Fans: Declan, Pa, McCoy, Archy, & Zany

Before the game starts laundry has to get put away!

We also have a kitty, (a buck a person) whoever guesses the score closest to the actual score gets to keep all the money.  It adds a bit of excitement to the game!

Archer and Peyton are the big winners this day!

In more recent news . . .

I went out of town for the weekend with my sister so she could do a half marathon (hopefully another blog post? if she took pictures) and when I returned I discovered Eddy had added recessed lighting to the livingroom and kitchen.  Let me tell you I am a person who loves light! First thing I do in the morning is go around opening all the blinds and turning on lights.  I can't have too much light, it drives me crazy when Quinton closes the blinds in the playroom in the middle of the day.  He is more troll like just like his grandpa Quinton (Pa) who also doesn't like a lot of light.  So I was thrilled to get more light in the livingroom and the kitchen.  I replaced  the light fixture in living room lovingly named "Head Cracker."  I had purchased it online without taking into account how low it hung.  Ashlee was always cracking her head on it and nearly passing out. She was glad to see (feel) the last of it.  I got this current fixture below for a dollar at a yard sale.  It was to small to light up all the area the previous light fixture had so the dimmable recessed lights are a perfect team!

New Recessed Lights

There may be some more catching up post from the past year but I am sure your imaginations are up for it!

1 comment: