Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Friday, January 8, 2016

Vintage Christmas Past

With Christmas come and gone, I finally have time to go through some of my photos of decorations and highlight some of my favorites.  I have been collected vintage Christmas for years now and it is getting harder and harder to find.  This year I hit an estate sale of a elderly lady who loved Christmas and I scored some great stuff.  Eddy claims it is three days to put up and three days to put down.  He may be right but it is so delightful!

Some of my favorite ornaments:
Golden Elf

King Henry VIII
Ashlee brought this naughty guy back from London-The Tower of London and gave it to me as a gift a decade ago, apparently you can buy all his wives too at the tower.

Vintage Santa & letter to Santa holder
You roll up the Santa letters and put them in the holder and Santa can read them before he unloads his presents just to make sure he got it right.

Such a darling Santa

I can't get enough of these elves!

Christmas Angel & new this year a cameo ornament

Family Room 

Mantlescape Winter Woodland


Carolers
I got this cutie that lights up for only a dollar at the thrift store.

 I love Nativities too but most often when you find vintage ones baby Jesus is missing.  I have determined to buy random baby Jesuses whenever I come across them.  This year I searched the thrift store several times until I came up with most of a vintage Italian nativity.  Luckily I had the baby Jesus from last year.
Italian Nativity (on right)


First year of our marriage Eddy and I bought this Nativity at Costco.  I love when Mary can hold baby Jesus.

White and Gold Nativity

Peanuts Nativity new this year

A group of joyful carolers

I've thought about getting snowbabies for a couple of years, so when I saw all these at the estate sale I couldn't resist.

Snowman Collection
I am always so hopeful that we will get just one snowstorm during winter, but we usually don't.



Just love these sweet NOEL angels

Ashlee and I in photo of a most memorable childhood Christmas



Taking all the Christmas decorations down is such a chore, but a couple of days later I am already looking forward to next year and putting it all up again!

2 comments:

  1. Those are wonderful pictures. You've got a great eye. Keep on searching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly last time I was in london, I didn't see his wives ornaments.

    ReplyDelete