Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Monday, August 17, 2015

A Sunset Walk

So we have been suffering through a mini heat wave  in the last couple of days, so i haven't been out and about as much as I would like. I decided to go on a twilight walk along the river, to see what I could see.  I saw lots of animals, and I like to think I saw a the hind quarters of a mountain lion running but I didn't get a good look, most likely it was a coyote or dog.
A Killdeer

A butterfly enjoying a sunflower

Finally a fairly good picture of the Grosnbeak

Steeplerock and a square of Rainbow

The vain Vermillion flycatcher is always ready for his closeup

The sun is starting to go down now

I belive this is a cooper's hawk enjoying the view as well



So are the cottontails. 

Our old Alma mater Duncan High School

Some Quail
  I was most happy to see a Herd of Javelinas. Unfortunately it was getting pretty dark by this time, So I had been using the nighttime setting for my shots of the animals. Which works best if they stay still and I don't move, (where is tripod when you need one?)as it takes many shots then complies them together. Which is my long-winded excuse for the blurriness. I like Javelinas and don't see them together too often.  I counted 10 maybe 12 different ones.





This horrible blurry shot, is my first live Rattlesnake I have seen this summer the past ones have been roadkill. By this point it was fairly dark and maybe I wasn't very close, which makes it even harder to hold still.  Super creepy and my first thought why am I walking in river sandals instead of my high hiking boots? 

No comments:

Post a Comment