Rhiannon and Ashlee are two sisters with very similar tastes and interests yet very different lives. They share this blog. Rhiannon is married with five children in a small town in Arizona. Ashlee is single with a darling pug who lives in a smaller town also in Arizona when she isn't traveling the world. Come see what we are up to!

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Mini Time Machine Muesum

I have always loved miniatures, I think due in part to Nona also loving them and collecting small items for her shadow box. I like to make miniature furniture and I also buy things to make a dollhouse. Hopefully that will become reality one day. I was surprised to see that since I left Tucson they opened a Miniature Muesum! So Nona, Mcoy (who also has inherited the love of Miniatures) went to visit it. Even better it was the one day a year when it was free admission! I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was wonderful and also quite a bit bigger then I expected. Before we went in I told the two indecisive hufflepuffs, they had to pick a favorite display. I was surprised when they actually did, and Nona even declared some favorites for other family members as well!
So Big in fact McCoy could barely reach the door handle! 

They had a hide and seek with these Faires throughout the displays.  McCoy found them all . 

I was taken with these, early 1900 commercially available Bliss dollhouse made out of  Lithograph paper. They had furniture made of the same materiel. I looked them up on Ebay and to no surprise they are quite expensive, but I was happy to see there are reproduction kits available, that are made to look like antiques. I can see a family of Calico Critters living in them, as they are reportedly quite sturdy to hold up to play. 

Nona near a emporium store just like her real life! 

I also found I enjoyed the caravan doll houses

And this creepy Italian desk. 

Nona declared this would be Pa's Favorite

And this one too

Here She declared Rhiannon's favorite. It is hard to see in the photo (No flash allowed, next time I will need to bring a flashlight) but it was a fancy theater that was playing "Phantom of the Opera." If I had a dollar for every time Rhi made us listen to the that CD I wouldn't have to settle on buying reproductions of things. 

McCoy's favorite a giant Collection of Department 56 village. Rhi collects these I think she should do this in her living room to have them on display year round!

Me next to the witches lair,. They had a really nice Halloween section which I enjoyed greatly.

Nona's and Zany's favorite a giant beautiful fairy house!!

I really want to go back, when it maybe is a bit quieter. It is a very child friendly museum which is both great and loud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment